You definitely want to help those in need, as you take down the bad guys in Baldur’s Gate 3. This dilemma presents itself again during the third act, when a wizard asks you to bring a source of immortality. Our guide explains whether you should side with Nightsong or Lorroakan in Baldur’s Gate 3. Likewise, be aware that this article contains spoilers.
Should you side with Nightsong or Lorroakan in Baldur’s Gate 3
The conclusion of the Baldur’s Gate 3 Nightsong arc occurs once you reach Lower Town during the third act. You are told that a wizard named Lorroakan is looking for her and you must decide what to do. Here is a brief summary:
- The Nightsong, Lady Aylin, plays a pivotal role during the game’s second chapter. Upon reaching her prison, you must make an important choice about whether to save her or kill her.
- Keep her alive to ensure the survival of other characters, as well as a better storyline arc for Shadowheart.
- If she also survives the battle against Cetheric Thormshe will remain on your side to ensure the pursuit of Shadowheart’s quest.
Where to find Lorroakan in Sorcerous Sundries
When arriving in the lower town, you can visit the Sorcerous Sundries shop. He happens to have a vault filled with old tomes, including a couple who hold immense power. As for Lorroakan, you will find its projection on the second floor. Talk to him about Nightsong and you can choose from four different portals.
The right portal is the one on the far left, since it bears this plaque: “The Song of the Night is an immortal being, the child of a deity.” If you attempt to interact with the other portals, your character will be downed.
Either way, Baldur’s Gate 3 Nightsong or Lorroakan’s dilemma is to hand him the Winged Aasimar:
- The other options will mean that Lorroakan learns of Nightsong’s location.
- Both Deception responses will cause this segment to end, as Lorroakan thinks Nightsong is gone.
Dilemma: give Nightsong to Lorroakan or refuse
If you talk to Lorroakan from Nightsong, he’ll tell you to take him to the tower. Here’s what happens next:
- Return to your camp and talk to Nightsong (and Isobel). Lady Aylin flies off to teach Lorroakan a lesson.
- A potential bug can occur here if you take a long time to return to the tower. Either Nightsong or Lorroakan is dead, as if the battle took place without you ever joining it. As such, it’s best to return to the tower after talking with Dame Aylin.
Back in the tower, you have three dialogue options:
- “It’s over for you wizard” – This leads to a battle against Lorroakan and his elemental minions.
- The other two will lead to a fight against only Lady Aylin.
Rewards for both decisions
Alongside Lorroakan and Fight Nightsong
This fight is very easy since Aylin will be alone against many hostiles. You will receive the following rewards:
- Inspiration: The Karsus of Our Time (Sage).
- Gather your allies: Tower of Ramazith – Lorroakan and its elemental constructs will join you for the final fight.
- Bug #1: Although Lorroakan tells you he has a powerful reward, we haven’t seen anything distributed.
- Bug #2: It is possible not to receive Inspiration points from this branch.
Participate in Nightsong and fight Lorroakan
Fighting Lorroakan is difficult because of all the enemies. Lorroakan has Elemental Retort, which deals 12 to 96 quad-elemental damage in retaliation when attacked. This can be negated by Counterspell at rank 4 or higher. Without it, expect party members to die easily. His elementals also deal massive damage with their attacks.
Perhaps the worst part of the Baldur’s Gate 3 Lorroakan boss fight is that your whole team will be huddled together after emerging from the portal. Not only will it be harder to move around, but many units are in danger of AoE spells. We suggest unbinding your team and repositioning them in the tower, well before sending a character to speak to Nightsong in your camp. Either way, assuming you defeat Lorroakan’s forces, you’ll earn the following:
- Inspiration: Stop the Repeat of History (Sage); How high they fall (Haunted One).
- Weapon: Despair of Athkala – 9-19 damage; +1 bonus to spell save DC and attack rolls; +2 weapon enchantment.
- Clothing: Athkala Shelter – +10 AC; advantage on saving throws against spells; Mirror image spell.
- Gather Your Allies: Nightsong and Isobel – Although Nightsong has been on your side for quite some time, it totally guarantees that she and Isobel will join you for the final battle.
- Bug: You may not gain a single inspiration point even after making this decision.
A badass cutscene also follows, where Nightsong throws Bane (you had the idea). Afterwards, she and Isobel will temporarily leave the camp to help those in need, though they will be back for the final battle.
And that’s all you need to know about Nightsong and Lorroakan in Baldur’s Gate 3. This also concludes the Nightsong arc, whether or not you sided with her.
Baldur’s Gate 3 is full of activities and secrets. You will undoubtedly be part of an adventure that can take countless hours. For more tips, you can visit our BG3 guides hub.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you purchase something featured on our site.