Blizzard has released its ninth Diablo IV patch since the game released last week, and it contains a nerf for elite monster spawns in popular XP farming dungeons. Fans aren’t too happy with the change, pointing out that the nerfed dungeons were some of the most enjoyable to run in the game.
Previous Diablo patches have tweaked spawn rates to try to balance out overly popular dungeons, with the last six patches containing “further adjustments to elite mob rates in dungeons.” The most recent patch also comes with a developer note, which adds, “We are normalizing the density of elite mobs that spawn in dungeons to ensure that no particular dungeon is clearly more efficient to run through than others”.
Players aren’t happy with the change, with many expressing their frustration in a Reddit thread that Blizzard opted to nerf the spawn rates of its most popular dungeons, rather than increasing the spawn rates for the less popular ones. Fans agree that blasting large crowds is Diablo IV at its most fun, with standard dungeon spawn rates often underwhelming.
Better news, the new patch also re-enabled Edgemaster’s Aspect and Aspect of Berserk Ripping after fixing previous issues with Legendary Aspects. The patch also includes a number of other bug fixes. The full patch notes can be found below:
DIABLO IV PATCH JUNE 9 – 12, 2023 – 1.0.2
- Further adjustments to elite monster density in dungeons.
Developer Note: We are normalizing the density of elite mobs that spawn in dungeons to ensure that no particular dungeon is clearly more efficient to run through than others.
Legendary Appearance Changes
- Fixed an issue where the legendary affix “Edgemaster’s Aspect” damage bonus was incorrectly reapplied to Whirlwind when a Shout was used.
- Fixed issues with “Aspect of Berserk Ripping” and the Barbarian’s Greatsword Expertise that allowed players to deal unexpected damage.
- Fixed an issue where the World Tier 3 quest was given to players who had not yet completed the requirements to enter that World Tier.
- Fixed an issue where an event in the Dilapidated Aqueducts sub-zone had incorrect level scaling.
- Additional stability improvements.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you purchase something featured on our site.