The summer transfer window is now open in Europe, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling around. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Newcastle approach Kvaratskhelia
Newcastle United have made a €100m ($107m) bid to sign the Napoli winger Khvisha Kvaratskheliaaccording to Corriere dello Sport.
Kvaratskhelia, 22, was an outstanding player during Gli Azzuri last season. He contributed 22 goals in 34 league appearances to help his side win the Shieldand it is reported that Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City are among the European clubs interested in his services.
However, after the Magpies acquired the midfielder from Serie A Sandro Tonali from AC Milan for 64 million euros, it seems the Saudi-backed Premier League club are now keen to sign another player from Italy’s top flight.
Newcastle are already preparing a second offer if they see their opening proposal rejected.
Kvaratskhelia has four years left on his contract, having joined Napoli last summer from Dinamo Batumi for €12million on a deal until 2027, but the Italian side are trying to sign new terms to the Georgian international.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (US)
09:44 BST: Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips is a target for Liverpool, according to Sky Sports.
Phillips, 27, did not settle at City after moving for £45million from Leeds United in 2022 and made just 21 appearances in all competitions as Pep Guardiola’s side won the tripled last season.
Liverpool need to sign at least one new midfielder as both Jordan Henderson And Fabinho are considering lucrative transfers to Saudi Arabia.
England international Phillips is on the list, while the report adds that the Bayern Munich star Ryan Gravenberch and Fiorentina Sofiane Amrabat are also tracked.
09.02 BST: ICYMI – Dutch midfielder Xavi Simons has left PSV Eindhoven to complete his return to Paris Saint-Germain, the Eredivisie club announced on Sunday.
The former Barcelona academy player joined PSV on a five-year deal from PSG last summer when his contract expired.
Sources have told ESPN that the PSG return deal includes a €12m re-signing clause.
“Xavi Simons is leaving training camp immediately to finalize the transfer to Paris St Germain,” PSV said in a statement.
08:41 BST: Chelsea have completed the signing of a Brazilian teenager Angelo Gabriel de Santos as new manager Mauricio Pochettino is looking to add talented youngsters to his squad.
The 18-year-old winger, who became the youngest player in Brazil’s national league history when he made his senior debut aged 15 years and 308 days, has made 129 team appearances first in Santos.
Gabriel’s fee and the length of his contract have not been confirmed, although reports suggest he cost the Premier League club around £13million.
08:30 BST: Manchester United have reached an agreement with Inter to sign the goalkeeper André Onanasources told ESPN’s Rob Dawson.
The Cameroon international is expected to pass a medical before completing a €50m move to Old Trafford.
United hope Onana, who will replace David De Gea as the club’s No. 1, will be available to travel with the team for the pre-season tour of the United States, which kicks off with a stopover in New York this week.
Sources have told ESPN that once Onana is officially a United player, Dean Henderson will be allowed to join Nottingham Forest in a permanent move.
Laurens: Declan Rice takes Arsenal to the next level
Julien Laurens explains why Declan Rice was Mikel Arteta’s No.1 transfer target this summer.
– Aston Villa have identified the Stade Rennais winger Jeremy Doku as potential alternative if they don’t land Bayer Leverkusen Moussa Diaby, writes Fabrice Romano. Villa had their €35m offer to sign Diaby rejected recently, and they could soon turn their attention to 21-year-old Doku, who contributed eight goals in 28 Ligue 1 appearances last season.
– Newcastle aim to offload Allan Saint-Maximin to help them sign the Leicester City winger Harvey Barnes, reports TalkSPORT. Saudi Pro League side Al Ahli have reportedly entered early talks to sign the 26-year-old, while the Magpies will have to pay £35million if they want to sign Barnes. Saint-Maximin has also been linked with AC Milan.
– Internazionale are close to signing a winger-back Juan Cuadrado on a free transfer, reveals Gianluca Di Marzio. The 35-year-old has agreed a one-year contract with the Nerazzurri, leaving Juventus after his contract expired last month. He made 41 appearances in all competitions last season, scoring five goals.
– Al Ahli increasingly optimistic in pursuit of Manchester City winger Riyadh Mahrez, reports CBS reporter Ben Jacobs. A deal worth around £30m has reportedly been completed, with the Saudi Pro League side already making arrangements for the 32-year-old to be medically examined. Mahrez made 30 Premier League appearances last season, contributing 15 goals in the process.
– Talks are about to start between Bayern Munich and Manchester City over a transfer for the defender Kyle Walker, reports Florian Plettenberg of Sky Sports Deutschland. Walker, 33, has reportedly already agreed personal terms with the Bundesliga champions, and an offer in the region of €15million would be enough to convince City to part ways with him.