The summer transfer window is now open in Europe, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling around. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Silva seen as Barca’s priority after Dembele exit
Barcelona made Manchester City midfielder Bernardo Silva their top priority for when Ousmane DembeleParis Saint-Germain’s transfer is confirmed.
That’s according to Mundo Deportivo, who believe that Blaugrana Boss Xavi Hernandez is desperate to land City’s 28-year-old midfielder and wants the club to make him their top priority. Silva is also keen on a move to Barcelona, and he hopes City boss Pep Guardiola will keep the promise he made to allow Silva to leave, should the club receive the right offer.
Now it’s up to the Catalan club to put together a bid sufficient to persuade City to part ways with the Portuguese star.
City have so far been wary of Silva leaving following the departures of Ilkay Gundogan and Riyad Mahrez, but Barca may now be able to match City’s proposed price of €87m with the transfer. impending from Dembele.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga and more (US)
– Read on ESPN+: Explaining the language of the transfer window
– Nottingham Forest are looking to strengthen their squad ahead of the new Premier League season with the addition of the Brazilian defender Roger Ibanez from AS Roma. fabrice romano reports that Forest have submitted an official bid estimated at around £25m and negotiations between the two clubs are ongoing. Ibanez, 24, has been linked this summer with moves to Tottenham Hotspur, Newcastle United, Chelsea and Crystal Palace.
– AC Milan have now entered the race to sign the Barcelona defender Clement Lenglet, according to the Gazzetta Dello Sport. The report indicates the Rossoneri wants the 28-year-old defender to replace outgoing Matteo Gabbia to bolster Stefano Pioli’s backline in what would be the club’s eighth signing this summer. Lenglet isn’t in Barca’s plans, and the Blaugrana are looking to salvage €15m for him. So far, Lenglet was unwilling to consider an offer from Al-Nassr and apparently preferred a permanent move to Tottenham Hotspur. The London club have not yet submitted a tangible offer, leaving the door open for Milan to go for it.
– Gianluca Scamacca is looking to end his disappointing spell at West Ham United by signing a five-year contract with Internazionale. Gianluca di Marzio says the 24-year-old striker is seen by Inter as a strong candidate to fill the void left by forward duo Romelu Lukaku and Edin Dzeko, and the Nerazzurri are ready to offer around 27 to 28 million euros. Scamacca still has a strong reputation in Italy despite his disappointing spell at West Ham, and Inter are keen to see him pair up with new signing Marcus Thuram. Scamacca wants to move to San Siro and reportedly agreed on the terms.
– Arsenal have submitted an opening bid of £20m plus add-ons for the Brentford goalkeeper David Rayaaccording fabrice romano. Raya rejected two offers to stay with the Bees and instead agreed personal terms with the Gunners, and is now pushing for the move. The offer is half the amount Brentford had hoped to recoup for their star striker, but with his contract due to run out at the end of the season, they may be forced to lower their expectations. Raya kept 12 clean sheets last season and was also a target for Bayern Munich.
– Galatasaray counts on Tottenham Hotspur Tanguy Ndombele as a midfielder option, depending fabrice romano. The Turkish club appear to have failed in their bid to sign Fred from Manchester United and are therefore now considering other options, with Spurs ready to let the 26-year-old leave for £11million. Ndombele has spent much of the past two seasons on loan (at OGC Nice and Napoli), and he is now one of 10 players new Spurs boss Postecoglou wants out of his squad.