It’s been a busy summer already on Netflix UK, and with all the new movies and shows coming to the library in August, subscribers are looking forward to tons.
As always, you can find weekly recaps of what’s new on Netflix UK throughout August 2023 in our new Netflix UK hub.
In case you missed it, we’re also keeping track of titles leaving Netflix UK in August 2023.
The article continues below…
Note: This does not represent the full list of new titles coming in August 2023. This preview will be updated throughout July and August as more titles are announced.
What’s coming to Netflix on August 1, 2023:
- Fisk (2 seasons) – Comedy starring Kitty Flanagan as Helen Tudor-Fisk, who is forced to work in a suburban law movie after her marriage and career fall apart.
- Paprika (2006) – Japanese anime.
- Rich holidays, poor holidays (multiple seasons) – Two families from two different backgrounds, one rich and the other working, holiday business.
- Untold: Jake Paul the Problem Kid (2023) NOT – Sports documentary centered on Jake Paul, one of the internet’s most infamous personalities turned professional boxer.
What’s new on Netflix on August 2, 2023:
- Choona (Season 1) NOT – Hindi crime comedy.
- Lansky (2021) – Crime drama starring Harvey Keitel as Meyer Lansky, a man investigated by the federal government for allegedly hiding millions of dollars for the past 50 years.
- Mark Cavendish: Never Enough (2023) NOT –
- Poisoned: The Dirty Truth About Your Food (2023) NOT – Documentary revealing the secrets of what is happening in the diet of the American population.
- Soul Catcher (2023) NOT – Polish thriller.
What’s new on Netflix on August 3, 2023:
- Head to Head (2023) NOT – Saudi comedy.
- Heartbreak (Season 2) NOT – British romantic drama centered on Charlie and Nick’s unlikely relationship that blossoms into young love.
- The Lincoln Advocate (Season 2 Part 2) NOT – Legal drama starring Manuel Garcia-Rulfo as Mickey Haller, an idealistic lawyer who runs his law firm from the back of his beloved Lincoln Town Car.
- Zom 100: List of the Dead (2023) NOT – Live-action adaptation of the Japanese manga of the same name, which sees an overworked Akira Tendo find new life after the zombie apocalypse prevents him from returning to work.
What’s new on Netflix on August 4, 2023:
- The Hunt for Veerappan (limited series) NOT – Indian crime documentary.
What’s new on Netflix on August 1, 2023:
- Gabby’s Dollhouse (Season 8) NOT – Animation series for children.
What’s new on Netflix on August 8, 2023:
- The Seven Deadly Sins: The Grudge of Edinburgh: Part 2 (2023) NOT – Movie sequel to the popular anime series The seven deadly sins.
- Starstruck (multiple seasons) – A comedy series starring Rose Matafeo as Jessie, a millennial in London who struggles to juggle her two dead-end jobs, finds her life turned upside down when she sleeps with a high-profile movie star.
- Unspeakable: Johnny Football (2023) NOT – Documentary centered on football star Johnny Manziel.
- Zombieverse (Season 1) NOT – Korean reality series that pits a group of celebrities against each other in a simulated zombie apocalypse as they compete for food, water, and survival.
What’s new on Netflix on August 10, 2023:
- Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2021)) – Years after the Ghostbusters save New York, Egon’s daughter and her family return to the family home. Egon’s grandchildren soon begin to uncover their grandfather’s secrets and his connection to the original Ghostbuster team.
- Mech Cadets (Season 1) NOT – Animated adventure series that sees a teenage underdog join an elite group of young cadets who are chosen to bond with robo mechs to defend Earth from an alien invasion.
- Analgesic (limited edition) NOT – Crime drama centered on the rise of Oxycontin, a prescription drug that has become one of America’s most addictive substances.
What’s new on Netflix on August 11, 2023:
- Down with Love (Season 1) NOT – Reality TV series centered on a group of single people with Down syndrome trying to find love.
- Heart of Stone (2023) NOT – Gal Gadot stars as intelligence agent Rachel Stone who is in a race against time to stop a hacker from stealing and freeing the agency’s most valuable weapon.
What’s new on Netflix on August 12, 2023:
- Behind Your Touch (Season 1) NOT – Weekly – Korean drama that sees a hot-blooded detective and a veterinarian with psychometric powers fall in love as they solve minor crimes.
What’s new on Netflix on August 14, 2023:
- Ackley Bridge (Season 5) – Drama series set in a diverse Yorkshire community.
What’s new on Netflix on August 15, 2023:
- Untold: Hall of Shame (2023) NOT – Sports documentary centered on one of the biggest sports scandals in history.
What’s new on Netflix on August 16, 2023:
- At Home with the Furys (Season 1) NOT – Docuseries about the daily life of world heavyweight boxing champion Tyson Fury, his wife and their six children.
- The Chosen One (Season 1) NOT – Live action from the American Jesus comic book by Mark Millar, which sees the second coming of Jesus Christ returning to battle the antichrist.
What’s new on Netflix on August 17, 2023:
- My Father the Bounty Hunter (Season 1) NOT – Animated series following two children who discover that their father is the toughest bounty hunter in the galaxy.
- The Upshaws (Part 4) NOT – Sitcom centered on an African-American blue-collar family in Indiana.
What’s new on Netflix on August 18, 2023:
- 10 Days of a Villain (2023) NOT – Turkish crime drama centered on Sadik, an eagle-eyed soldier
- Derry Girls (Season 3) – Hilarious Northern Irish comedy series featuring Nicola Coughlan from Bridgerton.
- The Monkey King (2023) NOT – Animated adventure and adaptation of the beloved Chinese fable Journey to the West.
Coming to Netflix August 22, 2023:
- Lighthouse (Season 1) NOT – Japanese talk show.
- Unspeakable: Swamp Kings (2023) NOT -Sports docu-series centered on Urban Meyer’s time as head coach of the Florida Gators from 2005 to 2010.
What’s new on Netflix on August 24, 2023:
- Baki: Hanma (Season 2 Part 2) NOT – The Japanese anime will end with Baki finally facing his father Yamamoto in an incredible and explosive confrontation.
- Ragnarok (Season 3) NOT – The final season of the popular Swedish supernatural drama.
- Who is Erin Carter? (Season 1) NOT – Spanish crime drama starring Evin Ahmad as Erin Collantes, a British teacher who, after being caught in a supermarket robbery, is recognized by one of the thieves, which threatens to destroy her life.
What’s new on Netflix on August 25, 2023:
- So you’re not invited to my Bat Mitzvah (2023) NOT – Comedy centered on Stacey Friedman, whose preparation for her bat mitzvah ends in disaster. With Adam Sandler and Idina Menzel.
What’s new on Netflix on August 28, 2023:
- Princess Power (Season 2) NOT – Animation series for children.
What’s new on Netflix on August 31, 2023:
- Choose Love (Season 1) NOT – Romantic comedy that sees Cami questioning her perfect life when an old flame returns.
- One Piece (Season 1) NOT – Live-action adaptation of Echiira Oda’s Pirate Odyssey from Monkey D. Luffy, a rookie pirate who dreams of becoming the Pirate King.
What are you looking forward to watching on Netflix UK in August 2023? Let us know in the comments below!